Friday, May 2, 2014

Day Dreamer

Recycled pieces

I found a skull figurine in a box of old stuff ready for the trash and I just had to save it. It spoke to me, the way many object do, save me, paint me, make me look pretty. The skull I believe was from an aquarium, multi colors of neon. The hole in the back so fish could swim thru.
  So I saved it, it had to be gessoed first off to conceal the old colors. Next it was ready for the design of adornment of colors(I know I took off bunch of color to put it all back on, right). While the paint was drying I was working the green wire, Shaping and flattening, I wanted it to resemble a tiara or fancy head dress. Now how the heck to attach it, I glued the skull to a jar lid and punctured 4 hole in the bottom to base the silver wire too. Then I began twist the wire 2 strands at a time and then intersecting the 4 wires together every 1/2 inch for added security. Now it was able to hold the green wire in place. I wanted the green wire to have the versatility to hold pictures or earrings. I like to create dual purpose items that look pretty but also hold a utilitarian purpose.
  Now the fun part, gluing on the flowers and butterflies, then the black lace to hid the lid at bottom.
Ta-Da! 



   


No comments:

Post a Comment